What is the Halo Laser and How Can it Help Me?
The Halo laser, developed by an American company called Sciton, is the world’s first hybrid fractional laser. A highly sought out treatment for many skin conditions including age spots and skin discoloration, the Halo laser is used by advanced physicians and cosmetic and laser surgeons including Dr. Sutkin. Voted one of the nation’s top physicians by the Consumer Research Council of America and the Assistant Clinical Professor of Medicine at the prestigious University of California, San Francisco, Dr. Sutkin offers this cutting-edge treatment option to his patients. The Halo laser can treat a number of skin conditions, including:
- Skin discoloration
- Age spots
- Collagen stimulation
- Visible signs of aging
- Uneven skin tones
- Pores that are enlarged
- Poor texture of the skin
- Preventative measures
- Fine lines*
- Scar revision*
*Only with the Halo Hybrid Treatments.
Every year, many patients across the Bay Area and even throughout the United States, visit Dr. Sutkin for consultations and treatment with the Halo laser because of Dr. Sutkin’s resume, reputation, and experience with this new skin care treatment option.
How Does the Halo Laser Work?
When it comes to skin care procedures, many patients are curious about how the procedure works. When you come in for a consultation with Dr. Sutkin – known for being one of the most thorough, caring physicians around – he will spend as much time as you need explaining your proposed Halo laser treatment with you. In general, potential Halo laser treatment patients should know that the technology works by penetrating deep into the layers of your skin, stimulating collagen production and resolving a wide variety of skin conditions including age spots, large pores, fine lines (when the Halo Hybrid Treatment is used), and even helping to prevent these conditions from appearing in the first place.
What Can I Expect if Dr. Sutkin Recommends Halo Laser Treatment?
If, after a full consultation, Dr. Sutkin recommends the Halo laser for treatment of your scars, fine lines, uneven skin tones, age spots or other skin issues, you can expect:
- Minimal pain and discomfort as a topical anesthetic is applied to your treatment area about half an hour before Dr. Sutkin begins treating you with the Halo laser;
- Prickling sensations and a sensation of warmth while you are being treated, which typically subsides about 15 to 45 minutes after your treatment, though in some cases these feelings may last longer;
- Minimal downtime as most patients are able to resume their normal activities 24 hours after their treatment with the Halo laser;
- Multiple sessions with the Halo laser, though your exact number of treatments will vary depending upon your individual case; and
- An overall improvement in your skin condition problems, including enlarged pores, pigmentation unevenness, and age spots, as well as bringing a glow back to your skin – though individual results do vary.
How Do I Know if the Halo Laser is Right for Me?
It’s impossible for the untrained eye to know what the proper skin treatment option is for you. However, a skilled aesthetic physician like Dr. Sutkin – who is trusted by thousands of patients throughout the Bay Area, and the United States – can determine whether or not the Halo laser treatment is right for you after an initial consultation.
If you have a skin condition that makes you self-conscious, don’t continue to suffer and feel less than your best. Schedule a skin consultation with Dr. Sutkin by calling (408) 636-7101.